Scholarship list is updated throughout the year.
Attention Seniors, click the Scholarships link to visit the Guidance page for information on available scholarships.
SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION FOR SENIORS
Local Scholarships are beginning to arrive in Ms. Brinkley’s office for students who will be graduating in May 2016 and are planning to attend a 2 year or 4 year college. There is a list of those scholarships and their due dates posted on Mrs. Brinkley’s door and in various locations on MCHS campus. As new scholarships come in, Ms. Brinkley will add them to the posted lists.
Students will need to come by Ms. Brinkley’s office to pick up the applications. Once the applications are completed, the student returns the applications to Ms. Brinkley or Mrs. Robinson. All supporting documentation must be attached before turning into the Guidance Office.
****Students must turn in their applications to Ms. Brinkley or Mrs. Robinson PRIOR to the deadline so that there will be adequate time to process them and get them to the scholarship donors by the due date******
MCHS School Plans
To review all school plans: Compact, Parent Involvement Policy, School Improvement, School-wide Plan, etc. visit the Parents' page on our website by clicking on the link at the top of the page. Plans also can be found in the Parent Resource Room located next to the front office at the high school.
SAT/PSAT TEST PREPARATION LOGIN FAFSA Workshop
ATTENTION SENIORS and Senior Parents!!!!
Make plans to Attend the FAFSA Workshop To be held on
February 9, 2017
At Mitchell County High School
From 4:00 – 6:00 in the Media Center
Mrs. Angie Wilson, a representative from the Georgia Student Finance Commission will be here to help you complete your FAFSA application online before you leave! A parent should attend with their student since information is needed from both of you on the application. I have provided a checklist of what information you will need to successfully complete the FAFSA. If a parent cannot attend, be sure to send the information with the student to the FAFSA workshop.
What to bring to FAFSA Completion Event:
1. Student’s Social Security Number (can be found on Social Security card).
2. Parents and/or Step-Parent’s Information:
1. Parents and/or Step-Parent’s Social Security Number
2. Parents and/or Step-Parent’s Dates of Birth
3. Parents and/or Step-Parent’s marital status and date of marital status
3. Student’s FSA ID. Go to https:fsaid.ed.gov to create FSA ID. Make sure to use a different email address than parent. The FSA ID is how you will electronically sign your FAFSA form.
4. Parent FSA ID if dependent. Go to https:fsaid.ed.gov to create FSA ID. Make sure to use a different email address than student. The FSA ID is how you will electronically sign your FAFSA form.
5. Student’s 2015 federal tax return (may be retrieved electronically in the FAFSA using the Data Retrieval Tool; however, bring a copy just in case.)
6. Parents and/or Step-Parent’s 2015 federal tax return (may be retrieved electronically in the FAFSA using the Data Retrieval Tool; however, bring a copy just in case.)
7. If student or Parents and/or Step-Parent were not required to file a federal tax return, W-2 Forms for 2015 or other records of money earned.
8. You will also need to provide the following information in the FAFSA form for the Student, and Parents and/or Step-Parent:
1. Balance in cash, checking, or savings accounts
2. Amount of assets (do not include value of family home or family farm) (if applicable)
3. Value of business (if applicable)
January 27- Away game against Pelham, No JV
January 28- Home game against Worth, JV Boys
January 31- Home game against Miller, JV Boys
February 3- Away game against Seminole, JV Boys
February 4- Away game against Baker, No JV
February 9-Parent Conference Day from 4-6:30 p.m.
February 13-Professional Learning Day
February 20-President's Day - Holiday
To find out more information, click on each club's name.
FCCLA (Advisors: Ms. L. Wingate and Ms. P. Crosby)
FFA (Advisor: Mr. F. Peters)
HOSA (Advisor: Ms. S. Anglin)
Eagle News Production (R. Lee, L. Twitty)
Benchmark Exams will be given every 3 weeks.
Parent, Teacher, Student Compact Agreement
FY17 Compact Agreement
Lunch menus are located on the district website. Click here
and then look for MCHS menus.
Listen to Eagle News Radio Station WMCZ-LP 94.5 FM
every morning at 7:15 a.m. to find out what is for lunch that day and tune in at 5:05 p.m. to find out what is on the next day's menu.
This a link to a site to purchase insurance for your student.
Notice: The Mitchell County School System’s Career, Technology and Agriculture Education Department does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in admission to its programs (Agriculture, Business and Computer Science, Healthcare Science, Culinary Arts, Early Childhood Education, Graphic Design, and JROTC), services or activities. Additional information can be found at http://mitchell2.schooldesk.net. The Mitchell County School System does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. For additional information or referral to the appropriate system coordinator, contact the superintendent’s office at 108 South Harney Street, Camilla, Georgia, 31730-2065 TEL:(229) 336-2100.